Dyslipidemia is thought to be a disease of modern times, has a silent development but has severe consequences, is one of the culprits causing cardiovascular diseases. To treat this disease, besides special medicines, you need to change your eating habits and exercise hard. In addition to eliminating harmful foods, you need to use these 6 best foods for lowering cholesterol. You need to avoid or reduce animal fat, egg yolks, animal viscera (liver, heart, etc.), cheeses… Increase your intake of fresh fruits, vegetables, and whole grains the cup. This diet should be maintained regularly for a long time.
1. Attention on the diet for Dyslipidemia
✅ Dyslipidemia is a phenomenon in which the body’s fat content is too high compared to normal. This disease is a fairly common condition and can occur at any age but is common in the elderly. If not treated in time, blood fat deposits in artery walls causing atherosclerosis, even suffering cardiovascular diseases such as heart failure, stroke ….. The cause of dyslipidemia is usually due to an unreasonable diet. Therefore, besides using drugs to balance the amount of blood fat in the body, patients need to pay attention to building a reasonable diet and nutrition.
- Avoid sweets: Eating too many sweets (for example, tea, jams, candies, cakes, ice cream, soft drinks, energy drinks, canned juices, etc.) increases the excess calories that can cause obesity, overweight, increased fat accumulation in internal organs…
- Minimize the amount of red meat in meals: Red meat is also one of the foods with high cholesterol, so it should limit the amount of red meat in the diet of people with blood fat.
- Enhance dietary fiber: Fiber plays an important role in regulating blood dysfunction, which partially removes fat and cholesterol absorbed into the body. When suffering from dyslipidemia, the patient should add more fiber in vegetables, tubers, fruits ….. In addition to adding fiber, it can also enhance vitamins – a factor that also contributes to reducing low cholesterol.
- Reduce saturated fat, supplement unsaturated fatty acids: Saturated fat not only increases cholesterol content but also increases the risk of cardiovascular diseases. Therefore, you should limit the use of foods containing saturated fat such as animal fat, butter, and fried foods. Meanwhile, polyunsaturated fatty acids such as Omega 3, Omega 6 reduce LDL-cholesterol, increase HDL-cholesterol to help prevent cardiovascular disease, and help regulate blood pressure. Therefore, to improve the condition of dyslipidemia, patients should pay attention to eat fish 2-3 times/week; In addition, you should use peanut oil, olive oil instead of fat, eat oil seeds such as peanuts, sesame, chestnuts, walnuts to provide unsaturated fatty acids.
- Limit late-night dining: Don’t eat dinner late as this is the time when energy is consumed at least during the day. Eating too late for dinner can keep cholesterol from being digested, settling in artery walls. This condition if prolonged gradually can cause atherosclerosis.
- Abstaining from alcohol, beer, and cigarettes: Drinking a lot of alcohol, beer, smoking is depleting antioxidant enzymes and creating millions of free radicals that affect the liver’s detoxifying effects. Excess fat causes blood fat.
- Do not eat too salty: A meal too salty also leads to increased blood fat. Not only that, but the amount of salt in the body also causes high blood pressure to increase the cardiovascular risk for people with hypertension, dyslipidemia. The World Health Organization recommends that healthy people eat salt daily should reduce or limit to about 5g.
2. 6 Best foods for lowering cholesterol
2.1 Best foods for lowering cholesterol: Green vegetables and fruits
✅ Always on top of the charts that help lower cholesterol is vegetables and especially green vegetables. An abundance of antioxidants and vitamins, which help fight free radicals, slow down the aging process, and help eliminate cholesterol deposits from artery walls. The recommended vegetables include celery, cucumber, cauliflower … Considered as green leafy vegetables contain many trace elements, have a lipid-lowering effect.
Some fruits have been suggested as “cholesterol-lowering” drugs such as hawthorn, apple, citrus, avocados … Hawthorn contains unsaturated fatty acids, which soften blood vessels and reduce blood fat. Adding avocados to your daily diet can significantly reduce total cholesterol, bad cholesterol (LDL), and triglycerides.
2.2 Best foods for lowering cholesterol: Mushrooms
✅ Some of the familiar mushrooms like shiitake mushrooms, wood ear mushrooms, and widely sold fresh edible mushrooms contain large amounts of purine derivatives, which have a significant effect on reducing blood fat. In addition, mushrooms may lower blood pressure and may lower cholesterol and fat content in the liver.
2.3 Best foods for lowering cholesterol: Cereals
✅ Cereals (sorghum, corn, buckwheat, oats …) are rich in vitamins and rich in fiber, helping to lower blood lipid levels. While corn is effective for preventing and treating high cholesterol, corn oil also has a role in lowering cholesterol. Oats are rich in B vitamins and zinc, both of which regulate and metabolize sugar and fat. Oats are also rich in pectin, which is effective in lowering cholesterol.
2.4 Best foods for lowering cholesterol: Bean sprouts
✅ Bean sprouts help reduce bad cholesterol secretion and prevent their formation and growth in artery walls, so the regular provision of sprouts in daily meals will greatly improve the condition.
2.5 Best foods for lowering cholesterol: Salmon
✅ Salmon is rich in omega-3 and unsaturated fatty acids, which help reduce triglycerides, increase the density of lipoprotein cholesterol and elasticity of blood vessels.
2.6 Best foods for lowering cholesterol: Onion
✅ Onions contain diallyl disulfide and amino acids that reduce blood fat, lower blood pressure and prevent atherosclerosis. This food can significantly reduce the concentration of fat in blood vessels, while also preventing abnormal lipid metabolism, which is a way to reduce blood fat from the roots.
3. Recommended for you :
🎁 Omega 3 Fish Oil Supplement – Immune & Heart Support Benefits– Promotes Joint, Eyes, Brain & Skin Health
✅ At BioSchwartz, they believe a healthy gut is a happy gut. Their mission is to empower you to elevate your quality of life through superior supplements. Their supplements are made with superior-quality ingredients to help you achieve optimal health from the inside out.
- ENHANCED ABSORPTION AND BIOAVAILABILITY – Unlike most fish oil supplements on the market, Ultra-Pure Fish Oil Omega 3 is extracted using a proprietary method that concentrates the value of Omega-3’s for enhanced absorption and superior bioavailability.
- SUSTAINABLY CAUGHT FROM ICELAND: The fish are never farm-raised; they are caught fresh from the pristine, cold waters of Iceland for exceptional purity and zero contamination, as evidenced by the rigorous testing of each and every batch.
- SUPPORTS A HEALTHY HEART – May help support and maintain healthy cholesterol levels that are already in the normal range. Directions: As a dietary supplement take three (3) soft gels per day with a meal or as directed by your healthcare professional. Do not exceed three (3) soft gels per day.