Chamomile tea is a popular beverage that also has many health benefits. Chrysanthemum tea is an herbal tea with the main ingredient of dried chrysanthemum, in addition to combining other ingredients such as goji berries, red apples, honey … depending on the taste, preferences of each one. Many people enjoy chamomile tea as a caffeine-free alternative to black or green tea and because of the slightly sweet taste. Moreover, chamomile tea is packed with antioxidants that may play a role in reducing the risk of several diseases, including heart disease and cancer. Chamomile also has properties that can aid sleep and digestion.
1. Chamomile tea benefits
1.1 Treatment of insomnia
✅ Ancient Since ancient times, chamomile tea has been dubbed the “best natural sleeping pill” for humans. This tea has a calming and sedating effect while creating drowsiness. If you use chamomile tea regularly, you will have a deeper and better sleep. Chamomile contains apigenin, an antioxidant that binds to several receptors in your brain that can promote drowsiness and reduce insomnia, or chronic insomnia. In addition, the active ingredient in chamomile tea has a calming effect, putting you in a state of relaxation, calming the nerves, thereby reducing feelings of anxiety and insecurity.
✅ In one study, postpartum women who drank chamomile tea for two weeks reported better sleep quality than the non-chamomile tea group. They also have a few symptoms of depression, often related to sleep problems. These findings are promising, but more research is needed to determine the influence of chamomile tea on sleep. However, drinking chamomile tea before bedtime is definitely worth a try if you have trouble sleeping.
1.2 Good for the digestive system
✅ Proper digestion is extremely important to your overall health. In fact, it has traditionally been used to treat a number of digestive diseases, including nausea and flatulence.
✅ A few studies have found that chamomile extract has the ability to protect against diarrhea in rats. This is attributed to its anti-inflammatory properties. Another study in mice showed that chamomile is helpful in preventing stomach ulcers, as it can reduce stomach acidity and inhibit the growth of bacteria that contribute to ulcer development. (according to healthline.com)
1.3 Control blood sugar
✅ Chamomile tea can prevent diabetes complications by regulating glucose and insulin levels in the body. Its anti-inflammatory properties can prevent damage to the cells of the pancreas, which occurs when your blood sugar levels rise. The health of your pancreas is extremely important, as it produces insulin, the hormone responsible for removing sugar from your blood. In a study of 64 people with diabetes, those who consumed chamomile tea daily during an 8-week meal had significantly lower average blood sugar levels than those who consumed water.
1.4 Good for the cardiovascular system
✅ Chamomile tea is high in flavonoids, which have been shown to reduce the risk of coronary heart disease and heart attack. Besides, chamomile tea is also rich in antioxidants and also has anti-inflammatory properties. Therefore, this tea has a great effect to maintain a healthy heart.
1.5 Chamomile tea other benefits
- Anti-cancer: Some flavonoids in chamomile such as apigenin, hesperidin are extremely strong anti-cancer properties. Research has shown that people who drink chamomile tea daily have a lower risk of cancer than non-drinkers. In addition, using chamomile tea regularly can also help you shrink cancerous tumors while preventing the onset of thyroid disease.
- Cooling: Chamomile tea has an effective cooling effect, suitable for people who often suffer from the hot mouth, body heat. In addition, you can also combine this type of tea with green tea or Sophora japonica to increase the resistance, while helping to clear the heat, brighten the eyes and prevent headaches caused by heat shock.
- Improve eye health: Chamomile tea brings many benefits to your eyes, including improving eyesight for people with blurred vision or low vision. In addition, for those who are prone to eye aches, dryness, or redness due to heavy work with the computer, chamomile tea is a perfect choice to protect eye health.
- Cold treatment: One of the other effects of chamomile tea is very good cold treatment. When you have symptoms such as fever, headache, runny nose, cough … you can drink a cup of hot chamomile tea immediately. Besides, you can also take chamomile tea to steam your nose, steam, and the active ingredients in chamomile will reduce congestion, runny nose, help you feel much more comfortable.
- Better skincare: Chamomile combined with the antioxidants in chamomile tea work against free radicals. This is very helpful in preventing the bacteria that cause acne and thus improving your skin. In fact, there have been reports that applying chamomile to the skin through cosmetic products, such as lotions, eye creams, and soaps, can moisturize and help reduce skin inflammation.
2. Some notes when using chamomile tea
- The most appropriate time for you to drink chamomile tea is after waking up, at least 30 minutes after a meal or at least 30 minutes before going to bed. Do not drink chamomile tea on an empty stomach. Because, when you are hungry, blood sugar in the body is low, causing hypoglycemia. Moreover, if drinking tea at this time, it will dilute stomach acid, inhibit gastric secretion, prevent digestion, even suffer from “drunkenness” with symptoms such as palpitations, discomfort, flowers. eyes, restlessness.
- Do not use chamomile tea to take medicine: The reason is that the tannic acid in chamomile tea may cause a chemical reaction with some substances in the drug, affecting the absorption of the drug as well as reducing the effects. use of the drug.
- Contraindicated for pregnant women: Despite its many uses, chamomile tea is not suitable for use by pregnant women. The reason is that the immune system of pregnant women is often weakened if they drink chamomile tea, they are easily irritated by the stomach, even causing diarrhea and a variety of other dangerous symptoms.
4. Recommended for you :
🎁 Traditional Medicinals Organic Chamomile Herbal Tea
✅ From field to cup, Traditional Medicinals make sure their teas deliver the benefits of these amazing plants. To deliver consistently high-quality teas, they source organically farmed or organically wild-collected herbs from ethical trading partnerships, seeking out medicinal-grade plants. Only a small fraction of the world’s herb supply meets its high-quality standards.
✅ Chamomile is one of the most beloved plants in herbalism and a reliable household staple. For this tea, they use chamomile’s prized flowers—the most potent part of the plant due to its high essential oil content. Directions: Pour 8 oz freshly boiled water over 1 tea bag.Cover cup & steep for 5-10 minutes.Squeeze tea bag to ensure maximum goodness in your cup. Enjoy 3-4 cups per day, especially between meals. Do not use this product if you are allergic to plants in the daisy (Asteraceae) family, such as chamomile or echinacea. If allergy occurs, please discontinue use. Consult your healthcare practitioner prior to use if you are pregnant or breastfeeding.
🎁 Nature’s Way Chamomile Flower, 700 mg per serving
✅ Nature’s Way is the preeminent brand of quality dietary supplements with over 1,000 product offerings. They have been at the forefront of the herbal health industry. An early leader in educating consumers and retailers on the effectiveness and safety of herbal supplements, they have always supported legislative efforts that help protect health freedoms, and are constantly striving to promote better health through the power of nature.
✅ Nature’s Way Chamomile provides all the benefits of the tea in convenient capsules. Nature’s Way uses German Chamomile with the highest amount of active components and our guarantee for essential oil potency. Chamomile flowers have a relaxing effect on the digestive tract. It has long been used as an after-meal and before-bedtime drink. The product is formulated to deliver two to three grams of dried flowers per day. Directions: Take 2 capsules three times daily, preferably with food. Persons with allergies to plants of the Asteraceae family (ragweed, asters, and chrysanthemums) should avoid the use of this product.
🎁 Herb Pharm Certified Organic Chamomile Liquid Extract
✅ Get calming support for the nervous system with Chamomile liquid extract from Herb Pharm. They prepare our Chamomile Extract from fresh (undried) Chamomile (Matricaria recutita) flowers which are Certified Organically Grown on our own farm. To assure optimal extraction of Chamomile’s bioactive compounds, the flowers are hand-harvested at their optimal potency and are then thoroughly extracted while still fresh and succulent. Directions: Shake well before using. Take up to 40 drops in 2 oz. of water or juice, two to five times a day. If you are nursing, pregnant, or considering pregnancy, you should consult your health care practitioner prior to using this product. Keep out of reach of children.