Cat’s Claw is a native creeper of the Amazon rainforest and other tropical areas in South and Central America. Its name comes from its hooked thorns, like a cat’s claws. Bark and roots of cats claw have been used for centuries in South America as a traditional medicine in many health benefits, such as inflammation, cancer, and infections. You can use Cat’s Claw which can be taken in the form of liquid extracts, capsules, powders, or teas.
1. The active ingredients in Cat’s Claw
✅ The most noticeable effect of Cat’s Claw is the effect on the immune system and inflammatory pathways in the human body. The group of chemical compounds in Cat’s Claw called glycosides are the most important active ingredients of Cat’s Claw.
2. Top cats claw health benefits
2.1 Cats claw health benefits: Treatment of arthritis
✅ Osteoarthritis is the most common joint condition in the United States, causing joint pain and stiffness. Scientists believe that cats’ claws may reduce the symptoms of osteoarthritis due to its anti-inflammatory properties. Many studies have confirmed that using Cat’s claws can naturally improve symptoms of osteoarthritis and rheumatoid arthritis. This effect can be increased by using Cat’s Claw with Maca root – a medicinal plant in South America.
✅ In a 2001 study of 45 subjects with knee osteoarthritis. They used 100mg of dried cat claw or placebo for four weeks. The researchers found that the associated pain was significantly reduced with the benefits occurring during the first week of treatment. The results led researchers to conclude that the plant is an effective treatment for osteoarthritis without significant side effects.
2.2 Cats claw health benefits: Improve immune system
✅ Cat’s claws seem to work both by strengthening your immune response and calming the overactive immune system. Its anti-inflammatory properties may be responsible for its immune benefits. This helps Cat’s Claw fight infections more effectively. A small study of 27 men found that consuming 700 mg of cat’s claw extract in 2 months increased the number of white blood cells – a type of cell that is involved in fighting infection.
- Support for HIV treatment: There have not been many studies to prove this effect. But at least one study has shown positive effects on lymphocytes (leukocytes) in HIV-positive people.
- Against herpes: The herpes virus can remain dormant within the immune system for a lifetime, periodically causes blisters and ulcers. A 2011 study showed that Cat’s claws have effective anti-herpes and anti-inflammatory activity.
2.3 Cats claw health benefits: Other benefits
- Anti-cancer: Studies show that Cat’s Claw can help destroy tumors and cancer cells in vitro. A 2001 study demonstrated that the bark of this tree prevented the growth of human MCF7 breast cancer cell lines. Studies have also shown that Cat’s Claw extract also enhances DNA repair, minimized response, and leukocyte recovery after chemotherapy DNA damage. Chemotherapy is a common treatment for cancer with many negative side effects. And this plant helps overcome that drawback. A study also used this herb to repair DNA on human skin. The results show that it can protect the skin from ultraviolet radiation. It also helps repair DNA damaged by UV rays. Therefore, today it is being considered for processing into sunscreen.
- Reducing blood pressure: In traditional Chinese medicine, this herb has been used to lower blood pressure quite effectively. It has also been shown to inhibit platelet aggregation and clot formation. It not only lowers blood pressure and increases circulation, but also inhibits the formation of plaque and blood clots in arteries, heart, and brain. This means Cat’s Claw can be helpful in preventing heart attacks and strokes.
- Improve digestive problems: Researchers are looking at the benefits of cat’s claws for people with Crohn’s disease. Crohn’s disease is an inflammatory bowel disease that causes inflammation of the lining of the digestive tract. May lead to abdominal pain, severe diarrhea, fatigue, weight loss, and malnutrition. This herb has been shown to fight this dangerous disease. In addition, it is also used to treat a variety of digestive disorders, including colitis, gastritis, hemorrhoids, and stomach ulcers.
3. Notes when using Cat’s Claw
When using Cat’s Claw in the form of herbal extracts or supplements you should keep the following in mind:
- Some people using this herb have suffered from dizziness, nausea, and diarrhea.
- Cat’s Claw can stimulate the immune system and increase the symptoms of autoimmune disease.
- Do not use for pregnant and lactating women, not for children.
- Stop using Cat’s Claw at least 2 weeks before surgery.
- Cat’s Claw can lower blood pressure, so if your blood pressure is already too low, be careful when taking it.
Recommended for you
🎁 Nature’s Answer Cat’s Claw Inner Bark
✅ From humble beginnings back in 1972 to their modern state-of-the-art facility, Nature’s Answer has evolved into one of today’s largest family-owned and operated manufacturers of high-quality nutritional products. Their herbal formulas stand the test of time – over four decades of performance. With state-of-the-art laboratory equipment, Nature’s Answer has the facility to analyze the quality and purity of each plant used to produce their products. Nature’s Answer Cat’s Claw Inner Bark brings you the benefits of this unique vine. This potent 1350 mg formula supports healthy joint and muscle function naturally. Directions: As a dietary supplement take 1/2 ml (approx. 14 drops) 3 times a day in a small amount of water. Warning: Do not use if pregnant or nursing.
🎁 NOW Supplements, Cat’s Claw 500 mg
✅ Since 1968 NOW has been a leader in the natural products industry. Even when healthy foods and natural supplements weren’t mainstream, we’ve never wavered from our mission – to provide value in products and services that empower people to lead healthier lives. NOW® Cat’s Claw Extract has the highest quality bark of authentic Uncaria tomentose, an exciting herbal discovery from the Peruvian rainforest. Also called uña de Gato, it has been used for hundreds of years by the native Ashanica Indians. Directions: As a dietary supplement, take 2 capsules 2 to 3 times daily, preferably with meals.
🎁 Cat’s Claw Bark Tea – Natural Source of Antioxidants, Aids Achy Joints, Supports Immune & Gastrointestinal Systems
✅ Buddha Teas is the leading organic tea company for single herb teas. All teas are certified organic and they only use bleach-free tea bags.
✅ Cat’s claw used in South America as traditional medicine, it is a well-known immune booster, with antioxidant, antiviral, and anti-inflammatory properties. cat’s claw bark tea needs a good boil of freshwater and steep of 3-6 minutes to extract the full flavor and optimum benefits. Cover the cup while it Steeps, remove the teabag, and enjoy!