Bladderwrack is a perennial seaweed that grows in the northern parts of the Atlantic and Pacific oceans, and in the Baltic Sea. It is easily identifiable by the small airbags found along the branches. This is an herbal remedy and a culinary element in cultures. In fact, Bladderwrack contains high levels of iodine, with many health benefits, such as deficiency, which can result in goiter – and is also an important part of the diet. You can use bladderwrack as a supplement, herbal extract, or powder. It can also be used directly or mixed into water for effective facial scrubs. Although this method has existed for a long time, it has only become popular with people recently.
1. The active ingredient in Bladderwrack
- Bladderwrack is known to contain high levels of iodine. The natural source of iodine makes Bladderwrack a great choice in supporting healthy thyroid function when more iodine is needed for optimal function.
- High amounts of fucoidan are also found in Bladderwrack. These substances have been studied to regulate a healthy inflammatory response, and have shown powerful properties to support a healthy immune system and intestinal microflora.
- Bladderwrack is also recognized as another natural source of minerals like iron, zinc, magnesium, and potassium and also contains some B-complex vitamins and vitamins A, C, E, and K.
2. Top bladderwrack health benefits
2.1 Bladderwrack health benefits: Improve thyroid
✅ As mentioned above, Bladderwrack contains high levels of the trace element iodine. Iodine is an important component of the thyroid gland. Therefore, Bladderwrack helps stimulate the thyroid to increase hormone production including Triiodothyronine (T3) and Thyroxine (T4). Bladderwrack helps improve hypothyroidism with health symptoms such as obesity, joint pain, and heart disease.
2.2 Bladderwrack health benefits: Improve digestive symptoms
✅ Bladderwrack has been traditionally used as a calming herb to treat heartburn and acid reflux. Bladderwrack contains high levels of mucus, which may be beneficial for people with gastritis due to its slippery nature that helps soothe the mucous membrane of the digestive tract when stimulated. In addition, alginic acid is found in Bladderwrack help to reduce constipation and promote digestion and absorption of nutrients. It can reduce flatulence, pain, stomach ulcers, and colon cancer.
2.3 Bladderwrack health benefits: Anti-inflammatory
✅ Another popular application of Bladderwrack over the years is anti-inflammatory. It can successfully neutralize irritation, reduce swelling, and even relieve pain whether you’re suffering from gout, arthritis, hemorrhoids, or skin irritation. You can apply or use oral Bladderwrack to help reduce the inflammation and joint pain associated with rheumatoid arthritis. In addition, the components in Bladderwrack such as carotene, fucoidan, mannitol, and bromine provide many essential nutritional values for healthy bones and joints.
2.4 Bladderwrack health benefits: Other benefits
- Boost cardiovascular health: The Fucoidan in Bladderwrack helps maintain good HDL cholesterol levels, helps prevent atherosclerosis, lowers blood pressure, reduces the risk of stroke and heart attack, and generally reduces stress to the system of your heart.
- Good for the eyes: Bladderwrack is rich in beta-carotene (plant-derived vitamin A) – This is an antioxidant that directly neutralizes free radicals in the eye and cornea, helping to slow down the process of macular degeneration. yellow and prevent the development of cataracts. In addition, it contains the fucoxanthin and fucoidan nutrients that Chinese scientists are considering as nutrients for the eyes of the future. Fucoxanthin is the main part of the seaweed’s mechanism of light absorption and is what gives it brown or olive green. Fucoxanthin absorbs blue to yellow light – this is the type emitted by many types of computers, mobile devices, and handheld devices that are damaging to vision.
- Help with weight loss: Bladderwrack is said to increase metabolism, making weight loss easier. Iodine is found in Bladderwrack in its highly bioavailable form due to the way it interacts with thyroid-stimulating hormone (TSH). Iodine is known to stimulate metabolism which leads to weight loss. An underactive thyroid contributes to metabolic syndrome and weight gain. Bladderwrack is also a rich source of Fucoxanthin, a carotene that is currently being studied for potential fat-burning effects.
- Anti-aging: There are many minerals in Bladderwrack that can help beautify skin, slow down the aging process. Antioxidants help keep skin healthy, youthful, reduce age spots, and reduce wrinkles. Antioxidants also increase skin elasticity, keeping them taut and firm as they age.
3. Recommended for you :
🎁 Herb Pharm Bladderwrack Liquid Extract
✅ Support the healthy function of the endocrine system with Bladderwrack liquid extract from Herb Pharm. They prepare our Bladderwrack Extract from the marine algae Fucus vesiculosus, which is Sustainably Wildcrafted in its native ocean habitat. To assure optimal extraction of Bladderwrack’s bioactive compounds, the mature fertile thallus is hand-harvested, carefully shade-dried, and then thoroughly extracted. Directions: Two to four times per day take 30 to 40 drops in a little water. Caution: Not for use in persons with hyperthyroidism or iodine sensitivity.
🎁 Gaia Herbs, Thyroid Support, Ashwaganda, Bladderwrack, Coleus, Kelp, Schisandra, Vegan Liquid Phyto Capsules
✅ Since Gaia Herbs was just a seedling in 1987, they have remained true to our purpose: Connecting people, plants & planet to create healing. They knew then what many are coming to realize now: that plants and people evolved together, that we are inextricably linked, and that plants hold the wisdom we need to heal.
✅ The health of the thyroid gland impacts how you feel on a daily basis. Because it helps regulate metabolism, every major system in the body is affected by altered levels of thyroid hormones. Gaia Herbs unique formula is a plant-based thyroid helper that supports normal thyroid hormone production — helping you maintain optimal weight, neuromuscular tone, and cardiovascular health. With 2,700 mg dry herb equivalent per daily suggested dosage, Gaia Thyroid Support offers the power of a concentrated liquid extract in the convenience of a fast-dissolving capsule (Disintegrates within 10-12 minutes of ingestion). The liquid extract also allows for easy absorption in the body and is super-concentrated. Directions: Adults take 2 capsules in the morning and 1 capsule in the evening between meals. Not to be used during pregnancy or lactation. If you have a medical condition or take pharmaceutical drugs, please consult with your doctor before using this product. Keep away from children.
🎁 Organic Earth Irish Sea Moss Powder (8 Ounces) Super Cell Body Food – Wildcrafted Irish Sea Moss Plus Bladderwrack and Burdock Root Powder – Natural Irish Moss Seaweed
- BOOST YOUR WELLNESS AND LIFE: Use our sea moss and bladderwrack powder in your favorite smoothie.
- REJUVENATE YOUR SKIN: Our sea moss and bladderwrack powder may act as a natural moisture barrier giving you a refreshing, healthy glow.
- HEALTHY BODY FUNCTIONS: Organic sea moss may help with the proper function of the digestive system and with a more effective absorption of nutrients.
- GET YOUR MONEY’S WORTH: Instead of wasting your money on bladderwrack and sea moss capsules, invest in Irish moss powder. 8 ounces of powder is equal to 448 capsules, so make one smart move.
- ALL THE NUTRIENTS THE BODY NEEDS: Irish sea moss combined with bladderwrack and burdock root delivers 102 minerals that the body needs to be healthy.
Leave a Reply