Black seed (Nigella sativa or Black Cumin) is a small black seed that has been used for centuries in herbal medicine. This is the seed of a flowering plant native to Southwest Asia and the Mediterranean. Nigella sativa has long been used as a traditional Indian spice. Not surprisingly, Black seed oil, with many health benefits, has also been used in Ayurveda Indian medicine and traditional Chinese medicine for thousands of years. In recent years, it has been put to the test and several scientific studies to confirm its long-term health benefits. Nigella sativa is used to treat a number of health conditions including asthma, bronchitis, and antioxidants.
- 1. The active ingredient in Black seed
- 2. Top 4 black seed oil health benefits
- 3. Notes when using Black seed
1. The active ingredient in Black seed
✅ As you may know, there have been about 500 published studies involving black cumin seeds, confirming what Middle Eastern and North African culture has known for thousands of years that Black Cumin will be a magic disease cure. One of its active ingredients, thymoquinone, has been effective in reducing the size of tumors of cancer.
✅ Black seed provides a versatile super nutrient. Its oil contains beta-sitosterol, thymoquinone, fatty acids: myristic acid, palmitic acid, stearic acid, oleic acid, linoleic acid … proteins and vitamins B1, B2, and B3. The high phytosterol content in black cumin seed oil is also essential for the human body to produce natural hormones, pro-vitamin D, and bile acids, supporting the prevention of endocrine disorders, immune deficiency, and cardiovascular disease. In addition, the Black seed also contains trace elements important for health such as calcium, folic acid, iron, copper, zinc, and phosphorus.
2. Top 4 black seed oil health benefits
2.1 Black seed oil health benefits: Treatment of high blood pressure
✅ Black seed has been shown to have anti-hypertensive properties. Black seed contains many healthy fatty acids (linoleic acid and oleic acid) that can help you maintain healthy cholesterol levels. Some early studies suggest that taking 1 gram of crushed Black Seed twice daily before meals for 4 weeks will lower cholesterol including bad cholesterol with low-density lipoprotein (LDL) and blood fat called is triglyceride. This reduces the risk of atherosclerotic plaque formation and hypertension. Taking black seed extract of black cumin for two months has been shown to reduce high blood pressure in people with slightly raised blood pressure.
2.2 Black seed oil health benefits: Treatment of asthma
✅ Black seed can inhibit inflammatory mediators, such as prostaglandins and leukotrienes. Besides, thymoquinone can also inhibit the inflammatory activation of different signaling pathways. The anti-inflammatory effects of Black seed oil may improve asthma symptoms. This is a chronic inflammatory disease of the airways when the airways are inflamed, it becomes swollen and prone to spasms when experiencing stimulants that make patients appear symptoms such as cough, severe chest, wheezing and shortness of breath.
✅ According to a 2013 review investigating the therapeutic potential of Nigella sativa in the form of boiled extract, the authors concluded that the natural substance is able to reduce asthma symptoms by expanding the bronchioles to allow airflow into the lungs.
2.3 Black seed oil health benefits: Support cancer treatment
✅ Studies show that thymoquinone inhibits cancer cell proliferation and, in some cases, kills cancer cells. Researchers at the Cancer Immuno-Biology Laboratory in South Carolina also found that black cumin helps stimulate the activity of neutrophils – the most abundant type of white blood cell in the body. These neutrophils target cancer cells before multiplying and remove them before they can develop into harmful tumors.
✅ Black cumin seeds have been fully documented for their ability to fight many types of cancer, including pancreatic cancer. A study conducted at Kimmel Cancer Center, Thomas Jefferson University, Philadelphia, revealed that black cumin destroys pancreatic cancer cells – an astonishing 80% of the death of a cancer cell. It also has a positive effect on breast, bladder, cervical, prostate cancer cells.
2.4 Black seed oil health benefits: Natural Antibiotics
✅ Antimicrobial resistance is a threat to modern society, and the solution here is to use herbs with antibiotic effects. Black seed is one of those herbs. Thymoquinone is the ingredient responsible for the antibacterial properties of the Black seed. Previous studies have shown that Black seed is effective against bacteria, viruses, fungi, and helminths. Black cumin seed oil appears to be a more effective remedy than some types of bacteria, including the strongest antibiotic resistance. The ability to kill a number of viruses has been shown to be comparable with Amoxicillin, Gatifloxacin, and Tetracycline.
3. Notes when using Black seed
When you use supplements that contain Black seed, you should keep the following in mind :
- It is safe for pregnant women to use the black seed in food, but it can be unsafe in supplements if used in large amounts because black seed can slow down or prevent the uterus from contracting.
- Black seed oil is safe for children to drink for a short time and at the recommended dosage.
- Black seed may slow blood clotting and increase the risk of bleeding. So do not use this herb with anticoagulants such as Aspirin, Warfarin.
- Black seed can lower blood pressure. In theory, drinking black cumin can make blood pressure too low in people with low blood pressure.
- Black seed may slow blood clotting, increasing the risk of bleeding during surgery. So stop using black cumin at least two weeks before a scheduled surgery.
Recommended for you
🎁 MAJU’s Black Seed Oil: 3x% Thymoquinone, Cold-Pressed, 100% Turkish Black Cumin Nigella Sativa Seed Oil (Better Than Organic)
- LIGHTER TASTE, STRONGER POTENCY: Our Turkish oil has a light color, but packs a strong punch. Although our black cumin seed oil is light and palatable, it actually contains 3 to 4 times more thymoquinone than most other black seed oils (we have 1.5%+). Thymoquinone is the chemical compound that has the widest array of benefits and is the reason most people buy black seed oil in the first place. Support your immune system with the best of the best–you’ll feel ready to take on the world.
- SUPERFOOD FOR JOINTS, SKIN, & HAIR: Blackseed oil (aka Kalonji Oil, or nigella sativa oil) is packed with powerful nutrients that can help unleash a youthful appearance and vibrance that you will notice. It contains a large dose of omegas, amino acids, and antioxidants. We consider it an extremely important source of fatty oils for your everyday life just as the ancient Egyptians and Ottomans did. People love taking it for hair growth.
- HEARTH HEALTHY & DIGESTION SUPPORTING OILS: Maju’s oil has a more powerful array of omega 3, 6, & 9. It will help support your body’s cardiovascular health. It is also known to support the regulation of the metabolism and to soothe digestive processes.