There are interesting coincidences of nature. If you’ve ever seen walnuts, I believe that the first thing you think of is the same as mine, its shape is similar to the human brain. Benefits walnuts on the nervous system have also been proven because it is a source of essential nutrients such as vitamins, minerals, antioxidants, omega-3 fatty acids, and other essential fatty acids. Perhaps the health benefits of walnuts are a gift from God to man, and you should give this gift to your baby since the baby is in the womb.
1. The active ingredient in walnuts
Walnuts contain a complex mixture of biologically active plant compounds. These include beneficial fats, vitamins, minerals, and other antioxidant compounds :
- Walnuts contain about 65% fat by weight, most of the energy (calories) in walnuts is derived from fat. This makes them high calorie and high energy food. Walnuts are also richer in polyunsaturated fats than most other nuts. The most abundant fat is an omega-6 fatty acid called linoleic acid. They also contain a relatively high percentage of healthy omega-3 fats called alpha-linolenic acid (ALA). ALA is considered to have anti-inflammatory and beneficial effects on heart health.
- Copper: This mineral enhances heart health. It also helps maintain bone, nerve, and immune system function.
- Folic acid: Also known as folate or vitamin B9, folic acid has many important biological functions. A deficiency of folic acid during pregnancy can cause birth defects.
- Phosphorus: About 1% of our bodies are made up of phosphorus, a major mineral found in bones. This substance has many functions in the body.
- Vitamin B6: This vitamin can boost the immune system and support neurological health, vitamin B6 deficiency can cause anemia.
- Ellagic Acid: This antioxidant is found in high concentrations in walnuts along with other related compounds like ellagitannins. Ellagic acid may reduce the risk of heart disease and help prevent cancer from forming.
- Catechin: Catechin is a flavonoid antioxidant that may have many health benefits. It can also enhance heart health.
- Melatonin: This neurotransmitter helps regulate sleep for the body. It is also a powerful antioxidant that can reduce the risk of heart disease.
2. 4 Health benefits of walnuts
2.1 Health benefits of walnuts: Improving brain function
✅ The brain is made up of large amounts of omega 3s fatty acids. In fact, the most concentrated place for omega 3 fatty acids in the body is in the brain, which plays a role in the signaling between brain cells. So for the brain to work more intelligently, we need to add high-quality fat like omega 3. In walnuts, there are lots of omega 3s so it is considered the best food for the brain. Some studies also show that low intake of omega 3s can lead to depression and cognitive impairment. So eating walnuts in moderation is the best way to keep your spirits up and boost your IQ.
✅ In addition walnuts have many neuroprotective compounds such as Vitamin E, Melatonin, folate, alpha-Linolenic acid, polyphenols, and melatonin are all beneficial for mental health, helping to reduce stress and sleep better. This is also really beneficial for your brain.
2.2 Health benefits of walnuts: Effective blood pressure control
✅ Walnuts contain many minerals that help stabilize blood pressure, especially potassium, calcium, and magnesium. While potassium is the element that helps lower blood pressure, magnesium is the element that helps to regulate blood pressure effectively. You may not know the top two causes of cardiovascular disease are high cholesterol and high diastolic blood pressure. Walnuts have been shown through many scientific studies to reduce bad cholesterol by 9-16% and diastolic blood pressure by 2-3mmHg. Eating nuts like walnuts help reduce the risk of developing blood clots that cause a blood vessel blockage to trigger a stroke.
✅ Walnuts are the only nuts rich in alpha-linolenic acid (ALA) – 28 grams of serving contains 2.5 grams of ALA. Alpha-linolenic acid is a true omega 3 fatty acid that has a positive anti-inflammatory effect in people with high cholesterol. In fact, when the Mediterranean diet included walnuts for people at high cardiovascular risk, the incidence of cardiovascular disease dropped significantly.
2.3 Health benefits of walnuts: Good for pregnant
During pregnancy, the female body and fetus need a lot of important nutrients. Regular use of walnuts during pregnancy is extremely effective in providing nutrients to pregnant women during pregnancy. Here are the effects of walnuts on pregnant women:
- ✅ Rich in Omega 3 fatty acids good for the fetal brain: The composition of organic acids and Omega 3 fatty acids in walnuts has a great effect in maintaining structural fat, helping to promote comprehensive brain development. set of the fetus and young children. In addition, minerals like potassium, selenium, calcium, copper, zinc, iron, and magnesium found in walnuts are all important for the best development of your baby’s brain.
- ✅ Walnuts help pregnant women reduce stress effectively: According to research from Columbia University shows that high cortisol levels, stress hormones, increase the risk of preterm birth, and adversely affect fetal development. Ellagic acid in walnuts helps pregnant women reduce stress effectively.
- ✅ Support for preventing gestational diabetes: During pregnancy around the 20th week, the placenta produces a special hormone that helps the fetus grow and develop. But these hormones also pose some risks to the mother’s insulin production. This can cause gestational diabetes. The unsaturated fats of walnuts help to effectively control insulin levels, thereby helping to control diabetes for pregnant women.
- ✅ Help pregnant mothers sleep better: During pregnancy, women often face insomnia, especially in the last 3 months of pregnancy. Eating walnuts during pregnancy helps mothers have a deep sleep because walnuts cause the secretion of melatonin hormone to help sleep better. Melatonin is a hormone that is responsible for several functions related to insomnia. The body normally releases melatonin at about the same time that you sleep each night, alerting the brain to signals that the job has been done enough, the body is tired and needs sleep.
Only one note is Walnuts are a food that can cause allergies. Pregnant women need to be very careful if they have never eaten walnuts. If you do not have a walnut allergy, they are a great addition to your diet and the fetus.
2.4 Health benefits of walnuts: Boosting the immune system
✅ The use of walnuts is manifested by the supply of vitamin E, vitamin C, and antioxidants with anti-inflammatory and immune-boosting effects. Antioxidants trap unstable ions or free radicals and prevent them from damaging your immune system. By making the immune system stronger, walnuts prevent pregnant women from external pathogens such as bacteria and viruses.
3. Recommended for you :
🎁 FISHER Chef’s Naturals Chopped Walnuts
- Fisher walnuts are grown in Northern California
- Fisher walnuts add an earthy, fruity, and mildly tart flavor and tender texture to breakfasts and desserts, appetizers and salads, and meats and dips
- No Preservatives, naturally gluten-free, Non-GMO Project verified, American Heart Association certified*, vegan, and an excellent source of ALA Omega-3