Lemongrass essential oil is one of the most used essential oils in the home and beauty care. Besides serving as a spice for dishes, Lemongrass when extracted into essential oils contains many health benefits inside. Benefits of lemongrass essential oil include: stress relief, headache, skincare … This oil can be used topically or even by the oral route.
- 1. The active ingredients in Lemongrass oil
- 2. 5 Benefits of lemongrass essential oil
- 2.1 Benefits of lemongrass essential oil: Deodorizing, bactericidal
- 2.2 Benefits of lemongrass essential oil: Repels mosquitoes and insects
- 2.3 Benefits of lemongrass essential oil: Relieve stress
- 2.4 Benefits of lemongrass essential oil: Treatment of stomach pain
- 2.5 Benefits of lemongrass essential oil: Haircare
- 3. Notes on using Lemongrass Oil
1. The active ingredients in Lemongrass oil
Lemongrass essential oils contain active ingredients that work on different parts of the body with antioxidant and antibacterial effects. Here are the main active ingredients in Lemongrass essential oil :
- Citral has anti-virus, antiseptic and antioxidant properties.
- Citronellal has antiviral, antibacterial, antifungal, and sedative properties.
- Geraniol has antioxidant, antibacterial, antiseptic, and analgesic properties.
- Geranyl acetate has antioxidant, antibacterial, antiseptic, and analgesic properties.
- Limonene has digestive properties, inhibits appetite, detoxifies, and antioxidants.
- Neral has anti-inflammatory, anti-inflammatory, and apoptotic properties.
- Nerol has antioxidant, sedative, and anti-inflammatory properties.
- Myrcene has anti-inflammatory, analgesic, antibiotic, and sedative properties.
2. 5 Benefits of lemongrass essential oil
2.1 Benefits of lemongrass essential oil: Deodorizing, bactericidal
✅ The high content of Citral and limonene in this essential oil has extremely strong antibacterial, antifungal properties. Therefore, using lemongrass essential oil will help clean the air, deodorize effectively, and eliminate bacteria, minimize viruses. Moreover, the faint, light scent also drowned out unpleasant odors such as tobacco, moldy, pet smell, car smell …
2.2 Benefits of lemongrass essential oil: Repels mosquitoes and insects
✅ Lemongrass citrus scent is very pleasant to humans but it is the “essence” of insects, especially mosquitoes. Due to its high content of citral and geraniol (two compounds that can repel insects), lemongrass essential oil is widely used to prevent insects. You can even use this essential oil to kill flea bites on your pet by just 5 drops of essential oil in a 500ml spray bottle and then spray on your pet’s fur.
2.3 Benefits of lemongrass essential oil: Relieve stress
✅ The gentle scent of lemongrass essential oil will help improve the nervous system, mental alertness, concentration of intelligence, treatment of memory loss. This essential oil helps you feel relaxed, less stressed, less anxious helps improve sleep quality. When you massage or inhale lemongrass essential oil, you will also feel much less headache.
2.4 Benefits of lemongrass essential oil: Treatment of stomach pain
✅ Lemongrass is still known as an herb that can treat diseases such as Stomach pain, stomach ulcers. Today many studies have demonstrated the amazing effect of this essential oil. You can add lemongrass essential oil to tea and soups to treat stomach upset, nausea, diarrhea, and even stomach ulcers.
2.5 Benefits of lemongrass essential oil: Haircare
✅ Thanks to its antibacterial, anti-fungal, and anti-oxygen properties, this essential oil is often used for skin care and especially hair. Its antiseptic and astringent properties make it an effective natural product for clearing pores, killing fungi and bacteria on skin, nails, and toenails. And if you are having problems with hair loss or scalp itching, try using citronella oil by rubbing it on your hair and scalp with a few drops of citronella oil and then shampooing it. Your hair will smooth, reduce the breakage phenomenon.
3. Notes on using Lemongrass Oil
When using Lemongrass Essential Oil you should keep the following in mind:
- If you have sensitive skin, when using Lemongrass essential oil, you may experience some unwanted side effects including burning sensation, rash, and discomfort. Therefore, to prevent this from happening, apply it on a small area first to check if you have any irritation. In addition, lemon lemongrass oil should be diluted with another base oil (such as flaxseed oil, grape seed oil, almond oil, castor oil …) to minimize the risk of adverse skin effects.
- Experts discourage pregnant women from using this oil because of the risk of miscarriage. Also, avoid applying directly to the skin of children under 2 years old.
Recommended for you :
🎁 Gya Labs Lemongrass Essential Oil
✅ Gya Labs offers a great range of natural products comprising of 100% natural ingredients at premium quality. By utilizing perpetual innovative technologies in our extraction methods as well as meticulous sourcing of raw ingredients bestowed upon us by Mother Nature, we committed ourselves to deliver amazing health and beauty products for your daily lifestyles.