This tree is a member of the Solanaceae family and has more than 4,000 years of traditional use in the homeland of India, Pakistan, and Sri Lanka. Ashwagandha is one of the most important herbs in Ayurveda medicine (a Hindu medicine originating from the Indian subcontinent) based on Indian natural healing principles. For over 3000 years it has been used to help reduce stress, boost energy as well as improve concentration. It is sometimes called Indian Ginseng because it is often used in conditions of weakness and premature aging. Currently, scientific research has discovered many other health benefits of Ashwagandha on health.
- 1. The active ingredient in Ashwagandha
- 2. Top health benefits of Ashwagandha
- 2.1 Health benefits of Ashwagandha: Helps reduce stress and anxiety
- 2.2 Health benefits of Ashwagandha: Improve thyroid problems
- 2.3 Health benefits of Ashwagandha: Improve brain function
- 2.4 Health benefits of Ashwagandha: Strengthen and restore muscle
- 2.5 Health benefits of Ashwagandha: Other benefits
- 3. The note when using Ashwagandha
- 4. Recommended for you :
1. The active ingredient in Ashwagandha
✅ Various health-promoting compounds are present in the different stools of the Ashwagandha tree. Ashwagandha root contains volatile oils, amino acids, alkaloids, and starches. Ashwagandha leaves and fruits contain flavonoids and tannins. These flavonoids act like antioxidants and neutralize free radicals. They help fight oxidative stress and reduce inflammation levels. In addition, Ashwagandha also contains different minerals like phosphorus, calcium, potassium, magnesium, manganese, iron, zinc, and copper. Depending on climatic conditions, the nutritional value in Ashwagandha will be different.
2. Top health benefits of Ashwagandha
2.1 Health benefits of Ashwagandha: Helps reduce stress and anxiety
✅ Perhaps Ashwagandha is best known for its ability to reduce stress. The researchers looked at the effect of Ashwagandha on the brains of mice, saying that it works by blocking the path of stress by controlling the chemical signaling in the nervous system. Several human studies have shown that it is also effective in reducing symptoms in people with stress and anxiety disorders. In a 60-day study of 64 patients with chronic stress, people in the Ashwagandha group experienced a 69% reduction in anxiety and insomnia, compared to those in the placebo group. A number of human studies have also shown that Ashwagandha gives similar results to common depression medications such as lorazepam and imipramine without causing side effects.
✅ Ashwagandha has also been shown to be effective in supporting adrenal function to help you overcome chronic fatigue and stress. Your adrenal glands are the endocrine glands, which are responsible for releasing hormones (cortisol and adrenaline) in response to stress on the body. If your adrenaline hormones are overloaded due to an excess of physical and mental stress, it can lead to an overload of the adrenal glands causing many health conditions.
2.2 Health benefits of Ashwagandha: Improve thyroid problems
✅ The No. 1 use of Ashwagandha (Indian ginseng) is to improve the health of the thyroid gland. Ashwagandha has been shown to help patients with hypothyroidism and hyperthyroidism. The researchers gave 50 patients with subclinical hypothyroidism or ashwagandha root extract 600 mg daily or placebo and found that the treated group had clinically significant improvements in thyroid-stimulating hormone ( TSH), triiodothyronine (T3) and thyroxine (T4) levels.
2.3 Health benefits of Ashwagandha: Improve brain function
✅ Emotional and physical stress can damage the brain and nervous system. Recent studies have demonstrated that ashwagandha (Indian ginseng) is not only a stress reliever but also protects the brain from degeneration and improves symptoms of neurasthenia, depression, and anxiety. Ashwagandha (Indian ginseng) contains powerful antioxidants that can destroy free radicals that cause aging. A study published in the journal Phytotherapy Research explains the following benefits: “We found that natural antioxidants, such as vitamin E, vitamin C, and beta-carotene, can help free the free radicals that are generated during the onset and progression of Alzheimer’s disease. Ashwagandha has a stronger effect than commercial antioxidants. “
✅ Researchers at the National Brain Research Center found that mice with Alzheimer’s disease were unable to retain what they had learned, but after 20 days of ashwagandha supplementation, this was greatly improved. The results of the study showed that a decrease in amyloid plaques was the main cause of brain deterioration in them.
2.4 Health benefits of Ashwagandha: Strengthen and restore muscle
✅ Studies have shown that Ashwagandha (Indian ginseng) can increase endurance in physical activity through mechanisms that enhance brain function and reduce muscle pain. Researchers believe that similar effects occur in humans due to the ability of this extract to balance adrenal hormones related to physical activity. Indian ginseng extract (Ashwagandha extract) has also been shown to reduce muscle and joint pain, while keeping energy levels more stable, which is one reason why it can add this ingredient to athletes, or for those who find it difficult to physically operate due to pain.
2.5 Health benefits of Ashwagandha: Other benefits
- Lower cholesterol and triglycerides: This herb also boosts heart health by lowering cholesterol and triglyceride levels. A 60-day study on adults with chronic stress showed that the Ashwagandha group that had the highest average dose had a 17% reduction in LDL cholesterol in the blood and 11% in triglycerides.
- Reducing blood sugar: Ashwagandha has been shown to reduce blood sugar. Indian Ginseng also increases insulin secretion and improves insulin sensitivity in muscle cells. It can lower blood sugar levels in both healthy people and people with diabetes.
- Cancer Prevention and Treatment: Ashwagandha (Indian ginseng) extract has been shown in numerous studies on the potential benefits of cancer prevention and treatment. Ashwagandha (Indian ginseng) extract has been shown to help prevent the proliferation of cancer cells – especially breast, lung, stomach, and colon cancer cells, one of the most common. It is believed that ashwagandha helps prevent cancer cell growth mainly due to its immune-boosting and antioxidant abilities.
3. The note when using Ashwagandha
When using Ashwagandha in all dosage forms, you should note the following:
- Ashwagandha seems to be a safe supplement for most people. However, some cases may still experience side effects such as headache, blurred vision, increased stomach acid.
- Pregnant and lactating women should not be used.
- People with autoimmune diseases such as rheumatoid arthritis and lupus should also avoid using ashwagandha unless authorized by a doctor.
- In addition, people who are taking medication for thyroid disease should also be careful when using ashwagandha because it has an increased risk of thyroid hormone in some people.
- It can also lower blood sugar and lower blood pressure. Therefore, you may need to adjust the dose when used.
4. Recommended for you :
🎁 Herb Pharm Certified Organic Ashwagandha Extract for Energy and Vitality
✅ Herb Pharm Ashwagandha Extract is a calming Ayurvedic herb traditionally used to promote a balanced response to stress and to support energy and vitality. They prepare Ashwagandha extract from the root of Certified Organic Withania somnifera plants. The root is harvested at the peak of readiness, and carefully shade-dried to retain its full color and aroma. Then it is thoroughly extracted. It may be added to water or other liquid for taste and is easily absorbed into the bloodstream.
🎁 Gaia Herbs Ashwagandha Root
✅ Since Gaia Herbs was just a seedling in 1987, they have remained true to our purpose: Connecting people, plants & planet to create healing. They knew then what many are coming to realize now: that plants and people evolved together, that we are inextricably linked, and that plants hold the wisdom we need to heal.
✅ When the body is stressed, the immune and nervous systems can be affected, leaving a person depleted. Adaptogenic herbs such as Ashwagandha help nourish and restore optimal nervous and immune system health by supporting normal mood, energy levels, and overall immune function. Gaia Herbs uses Ashwagandha root with guaranteed levels of active withanolides. Directions: Adults take 1 capsule 2 times daily or as directed by your health care provider. Not to be used during pregnancy or lactation.
🎁 Organic Ashwagandha Root Tea
✅ Buddha Teas is the leading organic tea company for single herb teas. All teas are certified organic and they only use bleach-free tea bags.
✅ Ashwagandha Tea by Buddha Teas delivers this popular herb in a caffeine-free tea form. A small green shrub native to India, ashwagandha has been used for centuries in Ayurveda for its ability to support healthy sleep and relaxation. Directions: Freshwater is essential for brewing a great cup of tea. Use one teabag per cup of boiling water. Cover and steep for 3-6 minutes. Savor the taste of Buddha Teas while enjoying the benefits Ashwagandha Root Tea provides.