Vitamins are essential organic compounds that are essential for metabolism, an extremely important nutrient that the body cannot produce enough, and must be supplemented from daily food. Vitamins have many important roles for the body, such as participating in cell structure, metabolism and energy supply as well as all living activities of the body. This Article will help you learn the role and usage of each common vitamin.
- 1. What is Vitamin?
- 2. Important vitamins
- 3. Manifestations when vitamin deficiency
- 4. Recommended for you :
1. What is Vitamin?
✅ Vitamins are a group of bioactive compounds that are essential for the normal functioning of any living organism, both human and animal. In the organism, vitamins play a role in catalyzing biological reactions. Currently, people have studied and isolated over 30 different vitamins, and at the same time studied the composition and physiological effects of them.
✅ Vitamins participate in the metabolism of the body, participate in the enzymes of the body, synthesis, utilization, and metabolism of nutrients at the cellular and molecular level. Our body doesn’t seem to synthesize vitamins. Vitamins are provided by the body mainly from daily foods of animal origin such as liver, milk, eggs, … or plant sources such as cereals, vegetables, fruits, … In addition, there are some vitamins that also appear in nuts or fruit skin … Based on the solubility of vitamins, people today divide vitamins into two groups :
- Water-soluble vitamins: including vitamin B, vitamin C, vitamin PP, and vitamin U. They participate and catalyze the biological process associated with the release of energy (oxidation-reducing reactions), the breakdown of organic compounds … means that they complete the energy function.
- Fat-soluble vitamins: Like vitamins A, D, E, and K are often associated with dietary fat. They participate in the reaction that makes up the substances, creating structures, organs, and tissues in the body.
2. Important vitamins
2.1 Oil soluble vitamins
✅ Vitamin A
- Vitamin A, also known as Retinol, is a yellow substance that supports the eyes, develops eyesight, strengthens the immune system, and treats acne.
- Vitamin A is found in foods like Liver, carrots, broccoli, sweet potatoes, avocado, kale, spinach, pumpkin, collard greens, eggs, and milk.
✅ Vitamin D
- Vitamin D helps maintain the maintenance of the musculoskeletal system, enhances intestinal absorption of calcium and phosphorus.
- Vitamin D High in sunlight, cod liver oil, soy, egg yolks.
✅ Vitamin E
- Vitamin E is an oil-soluble vitamin, effective in preventing aging, reducing wrinkles, increasing resistance.
- Vitamin E is found in nuts such as almonds, peanuts, sunflower oil, and soybean oil.
✅ Vitamin K1
- Vitamin K1, also known as Phytomenadion, is an oil-soluble vitamin, reducing the risk of uncontrolled bleeding, reducing heart attack, stroke.
- Vitamin K1 is found in green vegetables (broccoli, broccoli, etc.), vegetable oil (soybean oil), fruits (avocado, kiwi, grapes, etc.).
2.2 Water-soluble vitamins
✅ Vitamin B1
- Vitamin B1, also known as Thiamin, is a vitamin of group B and is soluble in water. Vitamin B1 protects heart health, prevents Alzheimer’s disease, aids digestion in young children.
- Vitamin B1 is found in seeds, milk powder, soy, brewer’s yeast, meats, fish, and eggs.
✅ Vitamin B2
- Vitamin B2, also known as Riboflavin, helps to prevent rashes, red-eye cornea, mouth and tongue ulcers, protect nerve cells.
- Vitamin B2 is found in meat, milk, eggs.
✅ Vitamin B3
- Vitamin B3, also known as Niacin, helps reduce atherosclerosis, or arteriosclerosis and reduces the risk of heart attack and stroke.
- Foods rich in vitamin B3 can include chicken breast, mushrooms, butter, green beans, peanuts.
✅ Vitamin B5
- Vitamin B5, also known as Pantothenic Acid, is a water-soluble vitamin, helps reduce blood cholesterol, prevent heart attack, stroke, anti-aging, increase resistance.
- Vitamin B5 is present in most foods, most in eggs, meat, fish, cheese, cereals, cabbage, broccoli …
✅ Vitamin B6
- Vitamin B6, also known as Pyridoxine, works to prevent the risk of atherosclerosis, reduce cholesterol, prevent kidney stones.
- Vitamin B6 is found in bananas, red beans, soybeans, whole grains, beef, and chicken.
✅ Vitamin B12
Vitamin B12, also known as Cobalamin, is effective in metabolism, helps the nervous system and brain function normally, and is abundant in animal, fish, pig, and poultry liver.
✅ Vitamin C
- Vitamin C, also known as Ascorbic acid, is a very familiar vitamin, a substance that helps promote collagen synthesis, fight cancer, colds, make the skin ruddy, and wrinkle resistant.
- Vitamin C is found in milk, fresh vegetables, oranges, lemons, strawberries, some vegetables, such as tomatoes.
You can use each vitamin for each health problem. Also on the market, there is a multivitamin product. However, you don’t always good to need multiple vitamins at the same time, especially when your body does not need it. I recommend that you use only multivitamin products in the following cases:
- People who follow a diet or vegetarian.
- People with higher than normal nutritional needs such as pregnant women, athletes, bodybuilders, etc.
- People with malnutrition, poor ability to absorb nutrients.
- Patients using multivitamins as directed by a doctor.
3. Manifestations when vitamin deficiency
✅ Vitamins are organic substances that are essential for human development. However, the body does not have the ability to synthesize vitamins, so in the daily diet must provide a complete range of vitamins through essential foods. The following are common manifestations of vitamin deficiency, which may also be a symptom of another systemic pathology. Therefore, to protect the health and avoid deficiencies of vitamins for the body, we need to ensure a scientific diet with a full range of protein, fat, minerals, green vegetables, fruits … In case the diet does not meet the need, you go to the doctor to find the cause of the disease.
- Lack of vitamin A: Patients prone to acne, dry hair, fatigue, insomnia, blurred vision at night.
- Lack of vitamin E: Heavy hair loss, frequent tiredness, and body aches, skin problems.
- Lack of vitamin K: Manifestations of nosebleeds, prolonged wounds due to reduced blood clotting ability.
- Lack of vitamin D: Feeling hot in the throat, mouth, excessive sweating, diarrhea, insomnia, straight. Children will have rickets, closed skulls, bent backbones, slow-growing baby teeth, and easily damaged enamel. Reduced absorption of calcium and phosphorus in the intestine makes bones and soft teeth more prone to fractures.
- Lack of vitamin B1: Symptoms of indigestion, diarrhea, poor circulation, anxiety.
- Lack of vitamin B2: prone to mouth sores, mouth sores, fatigue, dry hair …
- Lack of vitamin B6: There are manifestations of hair loss, acne, red eyes, blurred vision, fatigue, slow sleep, slow wound healing.
- Lack of vitamin B12: Symptoms of headache, loss of appetite, shortness of breath, constipation, poor concentration, or forgetfulness.
- Lack of vitamin C: Gums prone to bleeding, depression, a hematoma on the skin, joint pain, slow wound healing.
4. Recommended for you :
🎁 Vimerson Health | Men’s Daily Multimineral Multivitamin Supplement
✅ Vimerson Health entered the health industry with a vision to help people in their journey towards a healthy lifestyle. They provide natural, safe, and effective dietary supplements that complement exercise and nutrition efforts. All of their products are manufactured and packaged in FDA-certified facilities in the USA to ensure quality and safety. Backed by effective products, excellent customer service and a 100% satisfaction guarantee, Vimerson Health aims to deliver the best supplements on the market and help customers achieve a healthier body and mind.
✅ Vimerson Health’s unique proprietary blend includes Zinc, Selenium, and Vitamins A, C, D, and E plus B1, B2, B3, B5, B6, B12, as well as Spirulina, Calcium, Lutein, and Magnesium. This blend of vitamins and minerals is designed to boost cardiovascular, brain, digestive, and immune health. This blend combines the power of Green Tea, Hawthorne Berries, Cinnamon Bark Extract, Bilberry Fruit Extract, Grape Seed Extract, Black Currant Fruit Extract, and Pomegranate Fruit Extract contain powerful antioxidants that help fight free radicals that are harmful to your cardiovascular system. In addition, the ingredient like Saw Palmetto in this formula may help men address their unique needs, such as urinary health, healthy physical desire, and endurance, and help maintain hormonal balance, but also boost their overall health and performance.
🎁 Nature Made Prenatal Multivitamin + 200 mg DHA Softgels, 110 Count to Support Baby’s Development
✅ Nature made is a reputable brand in the well-known supplement for pregnant women in the US with its headquarters located in Mission Hills, California, USA. Its products are manufactured with 100% natural ingredients and meet the highest standards of food safety criteria, certified by the FDA as the American food safety association. global safety. Nature Made products are considered as gifts from nature to help optimal support for pregnant women, they supplement with omega, vitamins, and minerals … which are needed by the body of the mother and baby during the process of carrying pregnant.
✅ Nature Made Prenatal Multivitamin + DHA is suitable for women who are pregnant but do not eat enough nutrients due to morning sickness or digestive problems leading to a weak mother’s body and the fetus is not provided adequate nutrients. It provides key vitamins and minerals for daily nutritional support during pregnancy such as folic acid and iron, as well as 200 mg DHA in one convenient soft gel.† Nature Made Prenatal Multivitamin + 200 mg DHA is clinically proven to ensure absorption of key nutrients and provides a full vitamin profile including all 8 B vitamins, vitamin C, and fat-soluble vitamins (vitamins A, D, E, K).