Vitamin supplements are an almost essential need for us today. Because it is an important group of substances in the body, we cannot synthesize it. However, taking arbitrary vitamins does not follow the doctor’s instructions will cause harm to the body. So, what are the rules when using vitamins? And those cases need vitamin supplements? To learn about the type of vitamins in the body, please read my previous Article:
1. The rules when using Vitamin supplements
- Reason for use: Some people think that vitamins are safe. So, to increase resistance, make the body healthier … they used arbitrary vitamins and this is very dangerous for health. Many cases of vitamin deficiency are caused by a number of diseases. Therefore, it must be diagnosed accurately, then vitamin supplements to be effective.
- Dose: If using vitamin D overdose will be poisoned. Excess body vitamin A can be poisoned with symptoms of skin damage, arthritis, at risk of hepatitis. With vitamin E, if overdose will cause diarrhea, abdominal pain, digestive disorders, fatigue, and weakness of the body. You should remember that supplements, no matter how good, must use the prescribed amount.
- Supplementary time: Vitamin C, B1, B2 … are water-soluble vitamins, so taking after meals is appropriate because these vitamins will quickly seep through the stomach and intestinal wall. If taken on an empty stomach, most vitamins are excreted by the body and are not absorbed.
With fat-soluble vitamins like vitamins A, D, E … should be taken after meals, because then, the intestinal and stomach store fat from food and have bile salts secreted for digestion fat helps to dissolve vitamins, making the body absorb easily. Sometimes, these vitamins, if taken on an empty stomach, can have an upset effect on your stomach or make you feel nauseous.
- Understand the interaction of vitamins with other drugs: Vitamins may interact with some drugs, reducing the effectiveness of the drug, or reducing the effectiveness of vitamins. For example, vitamins C and B1 are not suitable to take at the same time as oral contraceptives because it reduces the effectiveness of oral contraceptives. Or antibiotics altering the intestinal flora may decrease the rate of bacterial vitamin K synthesis, enhance the effect of oral anticoagulants (substances that compete with vitamin K).
2. Cases need to use Vitamin supplements
- Pregnant and lactating women should be instructed to supplement with iron, calcium, folic acid, zinc, vitamin A for their child’s growth needs and maternal health.
- Women at menopause due to decreased estrogen should need to increase calcium and vitamin D minerals to prevent osteoporosis.
- Elderly people often eat inadequate nutrients and health, tooth loss, low chewing strength, food received less need to use more vitamins and minerals to strengthen the immune system, protect muscle body, increase vitality.
- Tobacco addicts need vitamins because the chemicals in cigarettes reduce the absorption of vitamin C, B6, niacin, and folic acid.
- Alcoholics do not absorb many vitamins and minerals such as A, D, B12, niacin, folic acid, selenium, magnesium, phosphorus, and zinc, so they need vitamin supplements.
- Vegetarians, who eat mostly plant-based foods, need to supplement with vitamin B12 because this vitamin is only found in animal sources.
- For people with chronic diseases, diseases related to the bile and digestive tract, the body not absorbing food will lack the necessary micronutrients.
3. Recommended for you :
🎁 Vimerson Health | Men’s Daily Multimineral Multivitamin Supplement
✅ Vimerson Health entered the health industry with a vision to help people in their journey towards a healthy lifestyle. They provide natural, safe, and effective dietary supplements that complement exercise and nutrition efforts. All of their products are manufactured and packaged in FDA-certified facilities in the USA to ensure quality and safety. Backed by effective products, excellent customer service and a 100% satisfaction guarantee, Vimerson Health aims to deliver the best supplements on the market and help customers achieve a healthier body and mind.
✅ Vimerson Health’s unique proprietary blend includes Zinc, Selenium, and Vitamins A, C, D, and E plus B1, B2, B3, B5, B6, B12, as well as Spirulina, Calcium, Lutein, and Magnesium. This blend of vitamins and minerals is designed to boost cardiovascular, brain, digestive, and immune health. This blend combines the power of Green Tea, Hawthorne Berries, Cinnamon Bark Extract, Bilberry Fruit Extract, Grape Seed Extract, Black Currant Fruit Extract, and Pomegranate Fruit Extract contain powerful antioxidants that help fight free radicals that are harmful to your cardiovascular system. In addition, the ingredient like Saw Palmetto in this formula may help men address their unique needs, such as urinary health, healthy physical desire, and endurance, and help maintain hormonal balance, but also boost their overall health and performance.
🎁 Nature Made Prenatal Multivitamin + 200 mg DHA Softgels, 110 Count to Support Baby’s Development
✅ Nature made is a reputable brand in the well-known supplement for pregnant women in the US with its headquarters located in Mission Hills, California, USA. Its products are manufactured with 100% natural ingredients and meet the highest standards of food safety criteria, certified by the FDA as the American food safety association. global safety. Nature Made products are considered as gifts from nature to help optimal support for pregnant women, they supplement with omega, vitamins, and minerals … which are needed by the body of the mother and baby during the process of carrying pregnant.
✅ Nature Made Prenatal Multivitamin + DHA is suitable for women who are pregnant but do not eat enough nutrients due to morning sickness or digestive problems leading to a weak mother’s body and the fetus is not provided adequate nutrients. It provides key vitamins and minerals for daily nutritional support during pregnancy such as folic acid and iron, as well as 200 mg DHA in one convenient soft gel.† Nature Made Prenatal Multivitamin + 200 mg DHA is clinically proven to ensure absorption of key nutrients and provides a full vitamin profile including all 8 B vitamins, vitamin C, and fat-soluble vitamins (vitamins A, D, E, K).