The main function of the kidneys is to remove toxic substances from the body through urinary excretion. When the functioning of the kidneys declines, it means that it can no longer perform its role of eliminating toxins. So what to eat kidney tonic? What should the kidneys eat to absorb nutrients and reduce the pressure on the kidneys to eliminate toxins from the body? Here are the top-rated books on Amazon that help you adjust your lifestyle and diet to keep your urinary system healthy.
✅ This renal and kidney diet guide is for kidney or renal patients who want to try to slow or stop the progression of incurable kidney disease. The chronic kidney disease diet and CKD recipes and eating plan in this book are based on the research in Stopping Kidney Disease, the highest rated book on kidney disease which has benefited hundreds of patients. The Stopping Kidney Disease Food Guide contains:
- How to treat as many factors as possible that are contributing to kidney disease progression
- Foods that are good for kidney patients
- Kidney disease or renal disease diet meal planning
- Chronic kidney disease or CKD diet information and restrictions
- The mathematics of slowing incurable kidney disease
- The first kidney disease diet book or renal disease guide book with acid load and antioxidant values
- Sample meal plans based on different cuisines
- A reference guide for the most common fruit and vegetables in grocery stores with information on potential renal acid load, protein, potassium, sodium, phosphorus, and antioxidant values(ORAC), nitrates polyphenols and AGE’s for each meal
- And much more!
✅ In the Renal Diet Cookbook, renal dietician Susan Zogheib, MHS, RD, LDN provides a 28-day plan to establish long-term dietary changes to slow the progression of kidney disease. The Renal Diet Cookbook removes the mystery and stress of figuring out what foods to eat, with:
- Targeted weekly meal plans to preserve your kidney health
- Recipe modifications for dialysis patients
- Helpful FAQs about managing chronic kidney disease
- Recipes in the Renal Diet Cookbook include Strawberry Cream Cheese Stuffed French Toast, Baba Ganoush, Roasted Beef Stew, Baked Mac and Cheese, Herb Pesto Tuna, Persian Chicken, Honey Bread Pudding, and much more!
✅ Stopping Kidney Disease is the most comprehensive guide to understanding how your kidneys work and how to make your remaining kidney function last as long as possible. The book includes over 500 pages with hundreds of medical studies to document each part of the diet and treatment plan. The website is www.stoppingkidneydisease.com.
Lee believes everyone deserves the right to try and stop an incurable disease regardless of where you live or your net worth. The project Kidneyhood.org is trying to provide education and innovation to help kidney patients worldwide slow the progression of their disease.
✅ Dr. Mandip Kang has written The Doctor’s Kidney Diets, a comprehensive guide to managing, slowing down, and even stopping the progression of CKD through diet.
✅ The book is divided into two parts. Part One provides a clear overview of kidney function, kidney disease, and the role that nutrition plays in the treatment of kidney problems. The doctor then reviews the special dietary considerations of individuals with CKD, including the need to limit certain nutrients, fluids, and other dietary components. Because different patients have different nutritional requirements, the doctor discusses the most commonly prescribed CKD diets―the DASH diet, heart disease and diabetes diets, diets for dialysis, and more―and concludes with important tips for enhancing overall health and maximizing treatment success. Then Part Two offers a wide variety of recipes for dishes that follow the dietary guidelines highlighted in Part One.
✅ Avoid dialysis by following 10 Step Diet Plan by a Board Certified Renal Dietitian. Easy to understand the explanation of your protein, potassium, phosphorus, and sodium requirements. Charts and graphs provided as visual aids. Learn what your laboratory test mean and how to track your progress. Detailed diet information from which type of lettuce is lowest in potassium to which milk is lower in phosphorus. Eating out guides and 7 days of menus are provided. A-Z of what you need to know about diet for CKD and 10 steps to follow in order to avoid dialysis.